Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
I've eaten a lot of different pancake combination and have tried just about every recipe out there and I think i've finally perfected it. You won't need any other pancake recipe after you try these silky and fluffy ricotta pancakes!
I've been obsessed with using lemon in all my cooking this summer, so why not in my pancakes as well? I happen to also have blueberries in the fridge, so combining the two seemed like a no brainer. I would also like to say that I don't think I've every piled my pancakes this high in my life and it was one of the most satisfying things to cut into that tall stack of pancakes. I also put butter in-between every layer because I love butter, so eff it!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 extra large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Butter for pan
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ricotta, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, lemon zest
- Add the dry ingredients into your ricotta mixture and whisk until combined
- Beat the egg whites with a handheld mixer until stiff
- Fold in egg whites into your pancake mixture. Half way through folding, add in the blueberries, and continue folding just until the egg whites are incorporated into the batter
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Put just enough butter to coat the pan and ladle your batter onto the hot pan (about 2/3 cup). Cook for about 3-4 minutes and then flip your pancake over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of your batter!