Carrot Cake Pancakes with Vanilla Mascarpone
Easter tradition at our house is having the whole family get together for brunch. We all contribute by making something and there's always way too much food, which seems to be a recurring theme with our family.
Pancakes that taste like carrot cake is the perfect recipe for Easter brunch. Especially when it's topped with Mascarpone cream, walnuts, and maple syrup! I usually start my mornings off with this and eat a slice of carrot cake after dinner. Overkill? I don't think so.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mascarpone, room temp
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and carrots.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Let the batter rest while you make the mascarpone cream
- Using an electric mixer, whip mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until thick like whipped cream.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high. Add a tablespoon of butter. Ladle about a 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked. Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until done.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven. Serve with Mascarpone Cream and top with chopped walnuts.