This is my go to recipe when it comes to making a quick bread for dinner. It's almost scary how easy they are to make. If you don't want a savory popover, eliminate the parmesan cheese and pepper. These are also great for breakfast with some butter and jam. The inside is hollow, so you can even put scrambled eggs in the center after breaking into one. I'm pretty sure I can scoop up any food and eat it with one of these. It makes everything taste better!
- 3 teaspoon butter for pan
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Pinch of pepper to top each popover
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of butter into 6 popover tins and put in the oven for 425 degrees for 10 minutes
- Combine eggs, milk, melted butter, and salt. Whisk for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of flour and whisk until just combined. It's okay if it's a bit lumpy.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese
- Remove popover tin from the oven and immediately ladle the mixture into the hot tins 3/4 of the way full and top each one with some pepper.
- Reduce temperature of oven to 350 degrees and bake popovers for 25 minutes. Make sure you don't open the oven door or they will deflate!