These are the BEST cinnamon rolls, ever! Every person that tries these thinks they are irresistible. You can even make these the night before and bake them in the morning so they are hot and fresh for breakfast. Just prepare them to the point where they are cut and on your sheet pan. Stick them in the fridge overnight and before you bake them in the morning, leave them out on the counter at room temperature for 1 hour before baking.
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoon butter, softened
- 8 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dissolve your yeast in the warm milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar in your stand mixer bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes for yeast to activate.
- Add in remaining 1 cup sugar, softened butter, eggs, and flour
- With your hook attachment, mix for 5 minutes on medium speed
- Remove your dough from your mixing bowl and knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for another 3 minutes
- Place your dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm black for about an hour and half or until it doubles in size.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle on a clean surface until it's approximately 20 inches long by 15 inches wide. It should be no thicker than 1/4 inch.
- To make filling, combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- Spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over the butter
- From the long edge, roll the dough until you have one long log
- Cut the dough into 1 1/2 inch slices and place on a lightly greased baking pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Cover the pan with a towel and let rise for the second time for another 30 minutes
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- While they bake, make the icing. Cream the butter and cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Once you remove the buns from the oven, let sit for 10 minutes before spreading with icing.