Chocolate Chip Walnut Zucchini Bread
Zucchini season is creeping up on us and I am beyond excited. My mother has a huge garden where she grows all her own vegetables. We have so many zucchinis, we don't know what to do with them. It's always fun getting creative with new recipes, but my favorite thing to make is this Zucchini bread. What's better than making a vegetable into a dessert? You can even try convincing yourself you're eating something that's good for you. I'm guilty of this!
Don't worry if your batter is thick, it is supposed to be like that. You can also omit the chocolate chip and walnuts if you like, but I prefer them in there. This recipe makes two loafs of bread, but I made one loaf and put the rest in muffin tins and made mini ones. It's whatever you prefer! Just make sure you cook the muffins for less time.
Make sure you don't over mix the batter when you incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ones. You should mix everything in until it is just combined. The good thing about this recipe is that you don't need a stand mixer and you will only dirty up two bowls! Always a plus in my book.
Yields two 9x5 loaves
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Add in the shredded zucchini, semi sweet chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts. Mix until just combined
- Divide batter into two 9x5 loaf pans or one 9x5 loaf pan and the rest in 12 muffin tins
- Bake loaves for 50 minutes at 350 degrees or muffins for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. You should be able to stick a toothpick in it and have it come out completely clean.