Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Banana Bread
I was never a fan of almond butter until recently. I'm now obsessed with having it on a slice of toast with some sliced bananas, which brought me to experiment with it in banana bread. Banana bread is delicious on its own, but adding almond butter brings it to the next level. I know a lot of people use almond butter to make paleo banana bread, but when do I ever make anything paleo? I'm not even sure what a paleo diet consists of to be honest with you. For all of you people out there who love to indulge in something sweet, this dessert is for you!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 overripe brown bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together all purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine bananas, maple syrup, greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, butter, and brown sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Add in the almond butter and gently swirl it into the batter. Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and top with some extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf. You might want to put a foil over the loaf 30 minutes in if the top is browning too quickly.
- Let cool for at least 45 minutes before cutting.