Alright you guys, I'm usually not into baking healthy things, but I'm obsessed with this recipe. It's full of nuts, dried fruit, seeds, and oatmeal. I slice these up and individually wrap them for breakfast during the week. They are so filling that one slice is all you need to fill you up until lunch. That's saying a lot coming from me since i'm always hungry. I like them best with butter and honey, which I guess doesn't make it that healthy of a breakfast. It's all about balance, right?
This loaf can be completely gluten free if you use gluten free oats. There's also no sugar added in this recipe. It's naturally sweetened with honey! I don't like my loaf too sweet, so if you want to add more honey, go for it. You can also get creative with what you put in it. Use whatever dried fruit or nuts you have on hand. I don't think there's a wrong way to make this!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 2/3 cup figs, cut in half
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, cut in half
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds (black or white)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, oil, cinnamon, and milk until foamy
- Add the oatmeal, figs, apricots, chia seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds
- Mix everything together until all the ingredients are combined
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and set sit for 20 minutes before putting it in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes
- Let the loaf cool for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan. Let the loaf cool for another 30-40 minutes before cutting slices.
- Serve with butter and honey!