Berry Cheesecake Tart with Oatmeal Walnut Crust
I can't help but want to make a berry tart every time I walk into the grocery store and see all the delicious berries. It's my favorite dessert and the variations of crust and fillings you can make are endless!
This tart happens to be gluten free if you make it with gluten free oats. The only thing you have to bake is the crust. The cream cheese filling is light and comes together super easy. You can top this with whatever fruit is in season!
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- Mixed berries
- Grease the bottom of a 4x14-inch rectangular tart pan (with removable bottom) and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse together the oats, walnuts, and salt until a coarse meal forms. Pour the oat mixture in a large bowl mix in melted coconut oil, egg white, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Spoon the crumbs into the prepared tart pan, and press into an even layer along the bottom and sides. Bake for 15 minutes or until tart shell feels hard to the touch. Let cool in the tart pan at room temperature.
- In a large bowl with an electric handheld mixer, mix the heavy cream on medium-high speed until fluffy peaks form, 2-3 minutes.
- In a stand mixer with your paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest until smooth and creamy, 3-4 minutes.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon the cheesecake filling into the crust, smoothing the top into an even layer. Top with fresh berries. Chill until ready to serve. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.